Careers at Ambiata
Position: Data ScientistType: Permanent full-time
Location: Sydney, Australia
- Qualification or deep experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, computational chemistry, computational physics, electrical engineering, operations research, or another quantitative field. PhD strongly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate real-world problems quantitatively, solve them technically, and translate back the solution into a language that problem domain experts understand;
- Experience in preparing high-quality documentation
- Disposition to get your hands dirty, learning new tools and fitting in with the architecture of an existing solution;
- Experience in applying a range of statistical and predictive analytics techniques on data sets to solve real-world problems: regression, classification, clustering, visualisation, etc.;
- Competent in linear algebra, algorithms, probability theory and statistics;
- Experience implementing and applying machine learning techniques;
- Proven ability to implement algorithms in software from a mathematical specification, and identify scalability limitations;
- Proficient in either Python or R, as well as familiarity working in a Unix type environment;
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a diverse team;
- Commitment to always value facts more than opinions;
- Commitment to always value opinions in proportion to their consistency with the facts;
- Commitment to always treating other people with respect;
- Familiar with open source machine learning tools, such as TensorFlow, Scikitlearn, etc.;
- Familiar with SQL;
- Familiar with causal inference and design of experiments;
- Familiar with numerical optimisation;
- Experience with data visualization packages;
- Experience working in industry or government data science projects (required for senior roles);
- Demonstrated success stories using data to solve real business problems (required for senior roles);
Applying for jobs at Ambiata
Email your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the title of the role in your email.
After you send your application, we may contact you with a small challenge appropriate to your skills and position, to be completed at home. We will then move to in-person interviews and meeting the team.
You might not fit exactly into one of the categories described here, or fit into more than one. However there may still be a great position for you at Ambiata, so feel free to get in contact and let us know what you are looking for.
Ambiata’s team is currently only based in Sydney, Australia. While we are working in a global market, at this time we can only consider your application if you are legally entitled to work in Australia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Level 5, 23 – 33 Mary St
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
+61 2 8042 1864